Pages

Pampanga's Red Light District

A chill night in my very own town. I accommodated two friends at home this weekend, brought my little sister, Diane with us along too. 

Fields Avenue is a very out-of-the-box place to show newbies in town, but I think it's definitely a must-see and to-experience in Pampanga. Located just a kilometer away from Clarkfield, Pampanga, beside McDonald's Balibago. Head straight to "Walking Street" and from there, the flashing and colorful lights of the street will welcome you in. 

This street is very well known by foreigners and expats living in Angeles City as the little "Sin City" of the Philippines. Even the tourists I met in Bohol know Clark and Fields Avenue's reputation. 

The happy fiesta feel of walking street

I believe this place was born when the Americans held a stronghold base inside Clark Freeport Zone. Filipinos saw it as an opportunity and built night clubs and hotels to entertain the Americans at the time. Amazingly, a lot of them never left and established lifelong relationships with Filipinas, had kids and still live in this City, while others came back to do the same and, they do keep coming. Frankly, I prefer chilling by the beach since there are endless options of go-to places in the country. Take Boracay and Puerto Galera for example.

I always feel like I'm in a different place whenever I pass by Fields Ave. the streets are filled with foreigners from different countries 24 hours a day. Frankly, it is also a place that never sleeps.
Our choice for the night: Red Sea, a restaurant decent enough for my Filipino visitors. hehe. My mom won't approve that we go in to the exotic bars across and along the street, my baby sister just turned 18 and I still think she's our baby :) 
Price range on regular meals: Php60-Php350. Shawarma sandwich at Php65 only, drinks exclusive. Pretty cheap for a food trip night in town.
Last one for the road


I have to warn you though, this is not a place to visit for days, maybe just a night or two. The beer, food and accommodation are not the cheapest too. A plane ride from anywhere else in the world going to Angeles City's Red light district is not worth it. If you're into the whole YOLO movement, try surfing spots like La Union, Baler, Siargao. People there are more friendly and tourist oriented. It may sound like I'm not recommending this place. Maybe it's because I do not want to promote unwanted pregnancy and create irresponsible people in the world just because of one (paid) fun night. Don't expect a Vegas experience here, it's very far from that. Cambodia's night streets are way more fun that spending a few minutes here.

For tourists, This is the place you'd want to go get a racy show, some beer, chat along with other tourists and just enjoy the night with strangers. The food choices here are varied as well, a good collection of international cuisine in one place.

Thank you and see you on my next blog:)

32 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing, Nice blog! you might want to see these Things to do in Pampanga

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't read the text about Siargao the font color is black
    Siargao

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice one, Hope you can visit Pagadian City on December 13 it is the opening of the Christmas lights lighting lumina pagadian city

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...